Our Sunday morning service isn’t the only way to pray. As Team Trinity, we live our faith by serving others: in soup kitchens, shelters, hospitals, schools, disaster recovery sites and more. You can get more information about our community partners by checking out the links.
Rector’s Discretionary Fund:
The Rector’s Discretionary Fund allows the church office to provide emergency assistance to Trinity members and to the community. We partner with the Resource Referral Network, Catholic Charities and CCAP/Loaves & Fishes to provide assistance with emergency housing assistance with utility payments, Martin’s cards for food and gas, and bus passes. The funds for this ministry are provided through donations, the loose offering on the 1st Sunday of the Month, and an annual contribution from the church budget. This fund is also supported by the earnings on the Trinity Angel Fund with Eastern West Virginia Community Foundation.
Current Outreach Focus:
In response to recent natural disasters, Team Trinity is currently partnering with Church World Service to fill “Clean up Buckets”. Church members are encouraged to bring the following supplies to church. These will be placed in five-gallon buckets and then forwarded as needed for disaster response.
- Four scouring pads
- Seven sponges, including one large
- One scrub brush
- Eighteen reusable cleaning towels (e.g. Easy Wipes)
- One 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- One 16-28 oz. bottle of liquid disinfectant dish soap
- One 12-16 oz. bottle of household cleaner that can be mixed with water (no spray bottles)
- One package of 48-50 clothespins
- Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- Five dust masks
- Two pairs non-surgical, non-latex gloves
- One pair work gloves, cotton with leather palm or all leather
- 24-28 heavy duty or contractor type 30-45 gallon trash bags on a roll and removed from carton
- One 6-9 oz. bottle of non-aerosol insect repellent
All cleaning items must be new – all liquid items must be capped and securely tightened. Place all items into the bucket, making sure they are packed securely to avoid damage during shipment.
The Annual Berkeley County CROP Hunger Walk was on October 8, 2017.
Join Team Trinity as we walk to raise awareness of hunger in Berkeley County. Walkers are encouraged to enlist sponsors and raise money for feeding programs in Berkeley County and throughout the world. Join Team Trinity as we walk for hunger.