Sharing the Good News of God
We gather together as a community to share the word of God and the sacrament of Holy Eucharist.
- Family Fun Days. Once a month, we host a special event for youth and their families. Recent events have included: participation in CROP Walk, a movie night, and crafting (paint night, candle-making, and tie dying). For more information contact: Tiffany Arnett
- St. Mary’s Guild is open to all women of the parish. This group provides opportunities for fellowship and service. St. Mary’s Guild provides a connection with our elderly and homebound parishioners; coordinates receptions following funerals; and plans special events to support the parish. For more information contact: Lynne Seibert-Steptoe
- St. Joseph’s Guild is open to all men of the parish. This group provides opportunities for fellowship and service. Recent activities have included: Courtyard Cleanup Day, providing handy-man assistance as needed, and grilling hamburgers for the parish picnic. For more information contact: Jason Stedman
Sharing Hope and Grace: Putting Our Faith into Action
We put our faith into action through ministry, not only for our benefit, but also to address the needs of those whom we may never meet. Often, we partner with other agencies and organizations that have already established effective ways of reaching out and responding to specific needs in our community and abroad. Ministries come in all shapes and sizes and are driven predominately by dedicated lay people.
Community Engagement (see community engagement page)
- Prayers of the People: We pray for members of our parish who have asked for our prayers. Copies of the monthly prayer list are available at the Usher’s stand or in the parish office. If you would like to add someone to the prayer list, please contact the parish office.
- Home Visitation
Spiritual Growth: Growing as Christian Disciples
- Nursery Care is available for children from birth to 3. Our Nursery attendant is Jennifer Barrett.
- Catechesis of the Good Shepherd – Level 1 – Children, ages 3-6, experience God in the atrium, a room prepared for them. Catechesis is rooted in the Bible, the liturgy of the church, and Montessori educational principles. Teachers: Tiffany Arnett, Mary Maroney, and Lisa Stedman.
- Encountering Christ through JOY – Children, ages 6-10, experience God through an engaging program based on the Sunday lessons to explore Jesus, Others and Ourselves. Teachers: Margot Gum and Katie Koons
- Adult Spiritual Formation